“A Little Bit of Italy in Broke”
“Italians have mastered the art of being happy and making other people happy. It’s the only art worth learning.”
Join us at Catherine Vale over the weekend of April 13th & 14th 2019 to experience the essence of what it means to be Italian.
- Wine tasting of the full Catherine Vale range. In particular, we’re the only local producer of two Italian grape varieties, Dolcetto and Arneis. Also try our Barbera.
- Enjoy our roving musicians, Ricardo and Alfredo, from The Caballeros Bring your singing voices and join in.
- Duccio Gelato will again provide that great Italian dessert, along with biscotti and Coffee. duccio.com.au
- Bunna Bunoo Olive Producers from Vacy will have their full range of olive products available for sampling and sale. bunnabunooolives.com.au
- Goose on the Loose :with their range of Italian Small Goods – Adrian will give you a complete run down on their products especially made for “Goose on the Loose”
- Learn about Italian most popular Sheep dog the Abruzze Maremma
Workshops and Talks :
Gnocchi Making Class
April 13th 2019 10:30 a.m.
Il Cacciatore Restaurant in Pokolbin who offer Northern Italian –inspired cuisine using fresh local produce and authentic Italian ingredients will again be holding a Gnocchi Making class at Catherine Vale. Participants are limited to 20. Bookings essential. Contact Wendy on 02 65791334 for more information and bookings. Fee for the class will be $60.00
Olive Oil and Olive Preserving Workshop Sunday 14th April from 10:00a.m.
Presented by Stephen Mitchell one of NSW’s chief judges and Marie Kearns a recipient of Gold, Silver and Best in Class awards for “ Olives from Broke” in both South Australia and the Hunter Valley Olive Shows.